fabric presents The Martinez Brothers FABRIC203D
RELEASE TITLE fabric presents The Martinez Brothers
GENRE House, Tech House, Techno
QUALITY 320kbps CBR
RELEASE DATE 2019-09-27
New York City wunderkinds The Martinez Brothers have proudly proclaimed that London institution fabric has been essential to the story of their journey as DJs, and has remained close to their hearts ever since we played there the first time back in 2013. Growing up on the streets of The Bronx, Chris & Steve went on to tour the world with dance music royalty such as Dennis Ferrer, Erick Morillo and Louie Vega before they had even finished high school and run two acclaimed labels - Cuttin' Headz and Tuskegee with Seth Troxler. It's a diverse yet consistent mix, a journey through the history of house music's groove featuring legends such as K. Alexi, Blaze and Dan Curtin, trough to hometown heroes like Lil' Louie Vega and heroes of the new school of minimal house like Varhat and Floog.
- Various, The Martinez Brothers - fabric presents The Martinez Brothers (Continuous DJ Mix) 74:42 130bpm Amin
- AMP Fiddler, Tom Flynn - The Future (Original Mix) 05:59 122bpm Emin
- Cabanne, Varhat - Chhulub (Cabanne Remix) 09:53 125bpm A#maj
- Frak - Bitter Drop (Original Mix) 06:45 125bpm Amin
- Blaze, Klubhead, Piano Man - #6 Hubert Street (Klubhead Style) 07:04 121bpm Dmin
- The Martinez Brothers, Mahony, Floog - Nu Mai (The Martinez Brothers Remix) 06:22 129bpm Gmin
- The Martinez Brothers - Jam Joint (Original Mix) 05:20 132bpm Dmin
- Cassio Ware, Klubhead, Funky People - Funky People (Klubhead Vocal) 05:11 123bpm D#min
- Sangre Voss - One Bad Mango (Original Mix) 06:41 135bpm Bmin
- The Bayara Citizens - Mafungo (Joe's Forest Version) 08:04 125bpm D#min
- Roots Orchestra - Kalabuta (Original Mix) 07:13 125bpm Fmaj
- The Martinez Brothers, Kai Alce, Azulu Phantom - Power Thru, Pt. 3 (Don't Turn On The Lights) (Martinez Brothers Edit) 06:20 131bpm Bmin
- Big Strick - Spontaneous Combustion (Original Mix) 07:22 130bpm A#maj
- Dennis Ferrer, Glen Lewis, Mjojo, Bongani - Life Everlasting (Dennis Ferrer's Passion Of C Dub) 07:53 126bpm A#min
- Love Letters - Ducue (Xtended Dick Dub) 07:22 84bpm A#maj
- Dan Curtin - Echozeichen (Original Mix) 06:09 128bpm Dmin
- Abe Duque, Brinton Mckay - Real Cool (Abe Duque Remix) 05:43 133bpm Cmaj
- The Martinez Brothers - Mistakes (Original Mix) 06:36 129bpm Bmin
- Blake Baxter, Trevor Rockcliffe, Carl Cox - Visions Of You (Carl Cox Remix) 06:48 137bpm Amin
- Paul Johnson - House Illusion (Original Mix) 03:15 130bpm A#min
- Party Crashers - Come And Get It (Original Mix) 06:16 135bpm Bmin
- Sir Lord Commix - Chicago Jazz (Original Mix) 04:55 127bpm C#min
- K Alexi Shelby - Spanish Fly (Original Mix) 05:05 135bpm Amaj
House favourites The Martinez Brothers have mixed the latest instalment of the fabric presents series. Growing up on the streets of The Bronx, the duo went on to tour the world with dance music royalty such as Dennis Ferrer, Erick Morillo and Louie Vega before they had even finished high school. In 2014 they were crowned Mixmag’s DJ of the Year, the same year they became the only non-Chic cohorts to be invited by Nile Rodgers to contribute on upcoming album It’s About Time. Their most recent release came in collaboration with Tiga when they released Blessed EP Part 1 on the Canadian artist’s Turbo Recordings imprint back in November 2018.
"To the entire fabric community, we love you. The club is essential to the story of our journey as DJs and has remained close to our hearts ever since we played there the first time back in 2013. fabric always feels like home whenever we’re in London, and we’re excited and humbled to present this mix to you. "
A colourful, high-energy affair that traverses the width and breadth of the house spectrum, the 23-track mix ranges from dark rollers to soulful vocals and includes some of the most respected names in dance music, with the likes of Chicago innovator Paul Johnson, Detroit multi-instrumentalist Amp Fiddler and New York house aficionado Louie Vega all on board. Three exclusive Martinez Brothers tracks stud the 75 minute offering. The lead single ‘Mistakes’ is a growly tech-oriented offering whilst ‘Jam Joint’ is a hypnotic, stripped-back groover. The stand-out collaboration with New York house aficionado Louie Vega on the soulful ‘Let It Go (TMB Alternate Version)’ convincingly rounds up the comp. This summer The Bros have used Ibiza as their launch pad hosting parties under their label name Cuttin’ Headz. They will also play The BPM Festival in Portugal, Tobacco Dock in London and Warung Beach Club in Brazil before the end of the season.